Photo

Mana regeneration

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like increased mana regen? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like increased mana regen?

1. Yes (x1.5-x2). (9 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. No, it's fine the way it is. (12 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 EmmanGr

EmmanGr

Orc shaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Playing the piano, singing, composing music, drawing, cinema, theatre, playing Lineage 2.
  • --------------------------------- Character: Vampirella
  • Level: 47
  • 2ºCharacters: Amabella (23lvl), Velma (28lvl)

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

Hello! I recently started playing again on this server. I absolutely love the nostalgic feel, but what I don't like is the mp regeneration. Everyone knows that c1 had the worst mp regen. Seriously, mp vanishes and then you have to wait at least 7-10 minutes to regain it. So I'd like to ask to increase it a little bit like x1.5-x2. That way elders are still needed, because mages still use more mp than they regenerate. Also it helps all other classes that use skills, not only mages (like archers, daggers, buffers and classes that use toggle skills).

I don't care about rates being too hardcore, rates could be x1 for all I care. I just don't want to grind for 4-5 minutes, and then have to regenerate for 7-10 minutes, essentially doing nothing productive.

If you think mages will be more OP (which is absurd, because pvps with mages don't take that long, you either kill them, or they kill you), you can just increase mana herb drops, or increase mp regen while sitting/standing.

I'd like to hear more opinions on the matter!

Cheers~

#2 mussler

mussler

goblin scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • --------------------------------- Character: Draeb

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

No, no and once more no. C1 is meant to be hard, not a solitaire game.

#3 EmmanGr

EmmanGr

Orc shaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Playing the piano, singing, composing music, drawing, cinema, theatre, playing Lineage 2.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

It's still hard. You just don't have to sit for 10 minutes. You still need an elder... I'm 17 level right now, I regain 3-4mp while sitting (elven mage, so mp regen is one of the highest, next to orc mages). Would it be that bad to regain 6-8mp/tick? Or 25-30mp at final levels? Remember, that's while i'm sitting...

#4 RoughNeckzShadow

RoughNeckzShadow

Oldschooler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • --------------------------------- Character: RoughNeckzShadow

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

As you level up...you learn..a passive skill (MP regen). Maybe things will get better when you are higher level? I don't think mp rates will be changed.

LaraFlynnzShadow

#5 mussler

mussler

goblin scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (EmmanGr @ Jan 15 2014, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's still hard. You just don't have to sit for 10 minutes. You still need an elder... I'm 17 level right now, I regain 3-4mp while sitting (elven mage, so mp regen is one of the highest, next to orc mages). Would it be that bad to regain 6-8mp/tick? Or 25-30mp at final levels? Remember, that's while i'm sitting...

I'm regenerating that much as a fighter standing. Are you sure you are below 50% of weight?

#6 EmmanGr

EmmanGr

Orc shaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (mussler @ Jan 15 2014, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm regenerating that much as a fighter standing. Are you sure you are below 50% of weight?

Yes Im sure. I'm 46%...

#7 EmmanGr

EmmanGr

Orc shaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (RoughNeckzShadow @ Jan 15 2014, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As you level up...you learn..a passive skill (MP regen). Maybe things will get better when you are higher level? I don't think mp rates will be changed.

I found stat calculators, with passives it's not more than 14mp/tick at lvl 60, for SpS. Anyways, too bad. I guess I'll ditch my elven mage. It's too dull to wait 7-10 minutes...

#8 Elrond

Elrond

Elpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • --------------------------------- Character: Elrond

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

I think mana herbs are enough help. You're killing fast enough to wait for MP and still have much better exp per hour than most of characters.

#9 EmmanGr

EmmanGr

Orc shaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Elrond @ Jan 17 2014, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think mana herbs are enough help. You're killing fast enough to wait for MP and still have much better exp per hour than most of characters.

I think the fast killing is completely nullified by that horrible mp regen... im an elven wizard, 21 lvl, and regain 3-4 mp while sitting... Would you like to enjoy 4-5 minutes of "fast killing" and then have to wait 7-10 minutes, doing nothing? It spoils the fun for me.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion and i see that that's not going to change, I respect that.

Have fun! smile.gif

#10 mussler

mussler

goblin scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

As Elrond mentioned, just exp in areas where mana herb drop, the drop rate is high enough, and if you can 1-hit k.o. mobs, you very rarely need to sit down to regen, if at all.

#11 EmmanGr

EmmanGr

Orc shaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (mussler @ Jan 17 2014, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As Elrond mentioned, just exp in areas where mana herb drop, the drop rate is high enough, and if you can 1-hit k.o. mobs, you very rarely need to sit down to regen, if at all.

Then, if mana herbs nullify cooldown, increase mana regen, and delete herbs. That way you don't get to exploit mana herbs, and you have a more authentic c1 gameplay (because you still have to sit).

As I said, I respect the community's opinion on the matter. But my opinion is that mana regen is way too low. And that's a fact, because they increased the mp regeneration in later chronicles. But this is c1, so that's why this is a suggestion. This is how it was at the time the current version was C1: horrible mp regen.

Thank you for your tip, but the only option for me, is to create a class, that doesn't depend on mp to survive smile.gif .

#12 klijah

klijah

Elpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • --------------------------------- Character: nunyana
  • Level: 30
  • Clan: none
  • 2ºCharacters: rezlin

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

having voted to increase re-gen rate....... may I say, the slow re-gen rate helps me get housework done tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users