Photo

Wipe + Pure C1 [Reopening]

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Poll: Configuration (97 member(s) have cast votes)

Rates & Max level

1. Rates X2 - Max level 60 (82 votes [84.54%])

Percentage of vote: 84.54%

2. Rates X4 - Max level 75 (15 votes [15.46%])

Percentage of vote: 15.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 EndRieL

EndRieL

Elpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • --------------------------------- Character: EndRieL
  • Level: 43

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Eliina @ Jun 5 2013, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just on a side note, there were no Catherocs in Cruma Tower and Portas did not teleport people around smile.gif

Also if I remember correctly, the Orc town did have teleport to Caves of Trial as well and there were teleports to neutral ground from DE and Elf villages.

You remember well :> There were more portas/krator no catherocs at all, those eyes mobs looked different, snipes had faster respawn rate and there were some rooms 2-3 on first floor with just portas/krator i remember i was aoe-ing them back on c1 while on grp:> best xp ever biggrin.gif

#22 Taunt

Taunt

goblin scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • --------------------------------- Character: None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

Here's what your server should have, of course this is from a players perspective who has played retail from Prelude till Current and is just fed up with the Pay to Win mentality of retail and would like to write down the totally ideal server, please other users add your input to my post but also take into consideration where I am coming from, and the fact that I played the server prior and was one of the 'leavers' for certain reasons.

First thing to know: We all remember C1 as the glory days and forget due to nostalgia sake why and what we loved about it, its same to go back and try to Play Goldeneye on your n64 its not the same because modern games have tainted us to having certain luxurys that were not available prior.

How I envision a C1 server that is kept to its routes but is also 'Modernized' to an extent.

What must be the same:

• Level cap should be 60, and max skills must be 58 to prevent skill failures and to reduce having to add skils past 58.
  • Rates should be no higher then 2x, maybe 2.5-3x for adena to just slightly help the economy. We want a game that is challenging, and rewards us for our work, this is why we are here.
  • All zones, skills, pets, quests, class changes etc must be exactly like they were in retail.

What must change:

• Client should be C3 or C4 but modified only for C1 Content. The reason behind this is because the updated UI for the map/clan/etc is just a necessity now a days, mind you don't bring in clan skills or any of that crap, just the UI, same goes for Crafting, having the craft menu rather then the dated Recipes in your inventory would be a godsend.
  • Only if you keep with this No Dual-boxing policy, you should add Private Creation shops into the game, no dual-boxing would limit people form creating many dwarfs on server and would require players to play one full time, having these craft shops would help tremendously.
  • Donation policy, previously you had fore instant pvp power lvl to 40 and free c-grade this kind of thing should be a no go. I know server needs money to run thats why you do the approach of EXP boost for donation as well as maybe 1 hour buff potions, class change quest items, and hair accessories yes/no/maybe so? since the client would be newer. Its all materialistic and servers no purpose, coloured titles etc.

I want to play C1 Style again, but it needs to be executed in a way thats going ot welcome players tainted by modern gaming. The thing you forget about retail C1 is everyone and their dog used L2Walker mainly for there soulshot crafting because it was such a pain before and now without your boxed recharged would be worse lol. The update ui system would be amazing.

#23 Worrent

Worrent

Oldschooler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • --------------------------------- Character: Worrent

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

i saw pure c1 and if people want it that bad make a c3 or c4 low rate server for those who want that

#24 smeli

smeli

Oldschooler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • --------------------------------- Character: smeli
  • Level: 10
  • Clan: no clan
  • 2ºCharacters: smelisimus

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Taunt @ Jun 5 2013, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All zones, skills, pets, quests, class changes etc must be exactly like they were in retail.

pets on c1 disapearing after 3 minutes after die, in this pack time extended to 3 hours
for some players even that weren't enough (player were disconected due technical problems and were able to connect after 4 hours smile.gif

pets in c1 drop all items on dying
so you cannot equip them with better equipment cause karmas want this equipment as easy prey

pets in c1 lose whole level on dying

pets in c1.... I just tired to list all bad things of retail c1 pets, here everything just fixed up

quests? quest in retail finishes on level 39 or something - profession quests
here quests were extended up to 61 level

#25 Lineage2C1-Staff

Lineage2C1-Staff

Oldschooler

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (smeli @ Jun 6 2013, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pets on c1 disapearing after 3 minutes after die, in this pack time extended to 3 hours
for some players even that weren't enough (player were disconected due technical problems and were able to connect after 4 hours smile.gif

pets in c1 drop all items on dying
so you cannot equip them with better equipment cause karmas want this equipment as easy prey

pets in c1 lose whole level on dying

pets in c1.... I just tired to list all bad things of retail c1 pets, here everything just fixed up

quests? quest in retail finishes on level 39 or something - profession quests
here quests were extended up to 61 level

Strider on C1 do not disarm weapon when mounted. so train a strider make your character GODMODE / Speedhack enabled trollface.png
Languages: english - spanish

Contact Me:........................................|...............Contact xxxxx:
MSN/ICQ: Madocter@lineage2c1.com...........|.............

Learn Web - Animation Desing via online:
Aprende Diseño Web Animaciones:
http://claseweb.cl

Were on Facebook - VK:
L2c1world .... Lineage 2 c1

#26 Lineage2C1-Staff

Lineage2C1-Staff

Oldschooler

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Script part almost Done

Rates Exp X2 SP X2
Rates Adena X2
Rates Drop X3
Rates Spoil X5 Max rate 80%
#Herbs event
#Medals event and the rest of Official ones

* To make a more friendly drop I can multiply X2 maximun ammount of basic materials only on basic drop. (Not on spoil)
{{{[stem];1;1;75} Change to {{{[stem];1;2;75} (This only apply to materials as Iron ore , Bone , Animal skin etc )

Quest Rates:
//quest item drop rate 3x
//adena reward 3x one time quests
//adena reward 3x repeated quests
//exp reward One time quest = 8 Repeated = 4
//sp reward 2x
//adena reward 2x repeated Wishing Potion Quest
//coin reward 2x repeated Magic Coin Quest

# To Taunt.
I readed your mail , about Pet soulshots , summon soulshots to start C1 retail do not have Summon & Pet shots.
Autosoulshots do not depend of client , depend of server. even we use C3 client you must enable Player , Pet , Summon soulshots with custom metods.

Enable Player autosoulshot: Remove 1 soulshot to Turn on, Remove other to Turn off
Summon Soulshots use: Get Beast soulshots . keep on your inventory , your summon will autouse them.
Pets soulshots use: Get Pet weapon , equip it to him, Get soulshots No grade, your pet will autouse them.

We thinked many times about C3 - Interlude clients
Only advantages we found:
1 Geodata.
2 More skill bar slots
3 Posible set a Craft Store , or use C3 craf system (not tested)
4 Msn , friends chat , a fews interface details more.
5 Less criticals maybe ?

Disadvantages.
1 All smeli adds included New quests , Raidboss drop , and so on will be loosed on client. unless he parse his added items to C3 - Interlude
2 Client size increase.
3 PC requirements increase.
4 65% of people do not know what is client and server size so they will not fell like playing C1

C3 client with C1 like
http://img.overpic.n...vv3t6l9szw2.jpg

Contact Me:........................................|...............Contact xxxxx:

Were on Facebook - VK:

#27 Lineage2C1-Staff

Lineage2C1-Staff

Oldschooler

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Okey server setup done

0) Make Setup of serverpack V
1) Make new client patch V
2) Open a beta period to test: skills , quests , Etc V Tomorrow Start Beta
3) Website: Add Database online . Improve main portal. X
4) Forum: Add Last post addon . Add Last images + random addon. Add chat X

5) Get Module client & server extra protection + Dualbox control options X
6) 1 week advertise proyect. X

Opening

Were on Facebook - VK:

#28 Eliina

Eliina

Orc shaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • --------------------------------- Character: Eliina
  • Level: 51
  • 2ºCharacters: Sinthia

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Woot! Good job smile.gif

#29 Worrent

Worrent

Oldschooler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

so when are you thinking the server will be up and playable?

#30 Lineage2C1-Staff

Lineage2C1-Staff

Oldschooler

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Eliina @ Jun 6 2013, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woot! Good job smile.gif

Thanks but that list is stuff to do yet ok.png

# Update

patch done:
L2 World patch

Removed all unnecesary dll , added new windows 7 metods , and other small stuff

# Beta period opened:

Important:
Test all Quests posible.
Test spoil and drop
Then will be provided characters with max level. to test skills working correctly

Were on Facebook - VK:

#31 Eliina

Eliina

Orc shaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

Yeah I figured that's the list, but at least you have an idea of what's going to happen smile.gif

#32 Worrent

Worrent

Oldschooler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

After testing I think id prefer being able to have 1 buffer/healer with my main instead of having herbs. I know if you are not aloud to dualbox it forces us all to play together which is good! but if the population for the server is low and someone makes a buffer/healer.. thats gonna suck trying to level cause theres no one to group with! Just my opinion tho!

On a side note i just restarded to my character screen to create a new character and the "create" button on the character screen didnt work after a restart from in the game.

Also i think it would be good to put the starter clothes back on the character models on the character creation screen lol

#33 Worrent

Worrent

Oldschooler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

there is also one by the magic shop

#34 Eliina

Eliina

Orc shaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Worrent - got few things that I remember from previous server, might explain.

IMHO the yellow dot didn't work in retail either, no idea why it was in the quest text.

The premium shop is for donation (AFAIK). Admin note: yes

Didn't see the newbie helper in TA, but TA still has the manor manager, role play manager, leathersmith.

Macros don't work. It's c3 client, I'm pretty sure that's why it's there. Admin: its C2 client (C1 have many problems)

Also found NPC in TA island, I believe it was in weapon shop, that says C1 Olympics, with all the sign up links. I'm not in clan and that seemed to be the requirement, but it's weird to have it there. Admin note: that was a test will be removed smile.gif

#35 Worrent

Worrent

Oldschooler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Yeah I saw the Olympiad one as well and let madocter know already. Idk about you all but I think a retail c1 with nothing changed cept x2 exp would be good and do pretty well with alittle advertising. I wouldn't offer any kind of insentive to donate and if you really need to only make it services like name change, name color change, karma/ ok wipe. Stuff like that. Stuff that doesn't give anyone an advantage, server will last longer

#36 Lineage2C1-Staff

Lineage2C1-Staff

Oldschooler

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

Worrent. the event manager , and leathersmith are necesary

Not have problem on remove Gatekeeper Pet biggrin.gif

Roleplay manager is a npc that will tell you historys , and types about Rol is only Text based NPC

About dualbox Many C1 class are strong enough by default if even 1 dualbox enabled is like enable cheats believe me.

Archer + Song Box = goodmode on. in the chase you will use dualbox to farm is error too because you will exp so much faster

# BETA #

Layer 1 : Test general stuff and quets Done
Layer 2 : Test skills. Class. PVP Started

Next step start buy advertise and massive spam

Were on Facebook - VK:

#37 Worrent

Worrent

Oldschooler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

I don't know maybe. But I feel like everyone is gonna want buffs and since there's no dual boxing its just gonna be a bunch of buffers running around and I know there's herbs but herbs are so hit and miss on which you get and only last 5 minutes and plus they kind of tarnish buffers everywhere and render the buffer classes useless. I would allow 1 buff box and take out herbs and all the random npcs but that's just me. And it's not my server lol

#38 Mikealvie

Mikealvie

Elpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • --------------------------------- Character: BreathTaking

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

looks like a good server is going up tho 2 sugestions:
1- advertise as much as possible, internationaly (allso rus and barzilians)
2- will you not consider to have a newbie buffer? after the start of the server when the majority of the population will advance 30+ it will be very hard for new players..
i would think it a good idea to have a newbie buffer like retail untill lvl 28 (or what ever lvl it is i cant remmber tongue.gif)

gg!

#39 Worrent

Worrent

Oldschooler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

ill be honest i dont like the idea of a newbie buffer. retail c1 didnt have one and i think we shouldnt either.

Oh and PS. Gladiators skill "Final Frenzy" is in active skills but it should be a passive
Also shouldnt human fighters get vicious stance?

#40 Denizen

Denizen

Elpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • --------------------------------- Character: Denizen
  • Level: 30

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

Love that you are preserving Lineage 2 Chronicle 1 style play.
I have no interest in anything after C3.

This is the only server that comes close to my original experience playing L2.

I have never minded the grind that turns many players off.
If you mind the grind there are dozens of servers that you can get to max level by killing an Elpy.

Keeping the adena rate slightly boosted might help players get geared up with slightly less torture.

Great job and let us know when the server is ready to go!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users